• Be a Colorado Springs Utilities customer.
• Received a Colorado Springs Utilities disconnect notice.
• Experience an emergency situation.
• First apply for Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) assistance. If LEAP
assistance is no longer available, or if you do not qualify for LEAP, you may apply for
Project COPE assistance.
• Meet with one of our partner agencies.
Eligible customers may receive Project COPE assistance once per year.
For a referral to a Project COPE agency, call Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1.
Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
• Assistance with utilities payments
Home Efficiency Assistance Program (HEAP)
• Assistance with energy-efficiency home improvements
Pikes Peak United Way
• Referrals for assistance with rent, mortgage, prescriptions, medical services, food,
clothing, shelter, senior services and family support
• Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 serves El Paso, Teller, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Lincoln
and Park counties
Home Front Cares
• Provides support for military families impacted by deployment in harm's way