• Be a Colorado Springs Utilities customer.
• Have a past due balance.
• Experience an emergency situation.
• First apply for Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) assistance. If LEAP
assistance is no longer available, or if you do not qualify for LEAP, you may apply for
Project COPE assistance.
• Meet with one of our partner agencies.
Eligible customers may receive Project COPE assistance once per year.
For a referral to a Project COPE agency, call Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1.
You may also apply through one of the following agencies. Please check area served prior to contacting an organization.
New Life Church
REACH Pikes Peak
- Monday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Serves households in El Paso County
- Call to receive a list of required documents
- 344-8994 (Colorado Springs)
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Serves Colorado Springs
- Call for an appointment
- 277-7470, ext. 124
- Appointments are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings at 9 a.m.
- Serves the following zip codes: 80907, 80908, 80909, 80915, 80917, 80918, 80919, 80920, 80921, 80922, 80923, 80924, 80927, 80938, 80951 and 80831
- You must be at our walk-in location inside Rocky Mountain Calvary, 4360 Montebello Ave, by 9 a.m. A drawing is held shortly after 9 a.m. to determine the order people are seen and scheduled. Bring Photo ID and a disconnect notice.
Ecumenical Social Ministries
- Tuesday walk-ins 9 to 11 a.m., and walk-ins and Wednesday appointments 9 to 1 p.m.
- Serves households in El Paso County
- Monday through Friday 9 to 10:45 a.m. and 12:30 to 2 p.m. Walk-ins; no appointment required.
- Serves the following zip codes: 80901, 80903, 80905 (east of I-25), 80906 (east of I-25), 80907 (east of I-25), 80909, 80910, 80914, 80916, 80926
- Required documents include photo ID for person applying, social security cards for all household members, proof of income and disconnect notice.
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Mondays to Thursdays 9:30 a.m. to noon and Thursdays between 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Serves households on the west side of I-25 between Air Force Academy to the north, El Paso County line to the west, and South Academy Blvd. and its westward extension to the south.
The Salvation Army
- Thursday afternoons by appointment only; appointments available by phone when lines open at 10 a.m.
- Serves all Colorado Springs Utilities customer households in El Paso County
- List of required documents provided when appointment is confirmed
Southern Colorado AIDS Project SCAP
- Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and closed noon to 1 p.m.
- Serves the following zip codes: 80909, 80910, 80916 and 80911
- Required documents include disconnect notice, social security card, Colorado ID or driver's license,
LEAP letter (during LEAP season), proof of all household income, proof of rent/mortgage payment, most recent phone and cable bills, and other monthly bills.
Silver Key Senior Services
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only
- Serves individuals, families and children living in El Paso County with HIV/AIDS
- Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., appointment required
- Serves Colorado Springs citizens 60 years or older
- Required paperwork includes photo ID for person applying, social security cards for all household members, proof of income, disconnect notice and proof of emergency situation.
Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
• Assistance with utilities payments
Home Efficiency Assistance Program (HEAP)
• Assistance with energy-efficiency home improvements
Pikes Peak United Way
• Referrals for assistance with rent, mortgage, prescriptions, medical services, food,
clothing, shelter, senior services and family support
• Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 serves El Paso, Teller, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Lincoln
and Park counties
Home Front Cares
• Provides support for military families impacted by deployment in harm's way